There is a Macbook Pro 2011 2012 2013 recall that fixes video problems.
Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will repair affected MacBook Pro systems, free of charge.
An affected MacBook Pro may display one or more of the following symptoms:
- Distorted or scrambled video on the computer screen
- No video on the computer screen (or external display) even though the computer is on
- Computer restarts unexpectedly
- 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models manufactured in 2011
- 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina models manufactured from Mid 2012 to Early 2013